Think I solved the never ending question.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifish

Reaction score
Ok I'm gonna share how I was able to cut my board up front for the floor in one solid piece and without having to recut or mess with all sorts of crazy cardboard cut outs and such. Here is what I did and it is relatively pain free.

OK lay your board on top of the boat where you want it making sure everything is squared up.

Go underneath and trace the angle of the hull with a sharpy onto the piece of wood and remove wood.

Take a long piece of cardboard and tape it to the boat from beginning to end along the curve of the hull for the angle you need and trace the curve using a sharpy onto the cardboard.

Now measure the width of the hull in the back where the floor ends and in the front where your floor will end. I would do this in atleast 3 places.

Now cut the angle using scissors that you traced onto your cardboard template.

Now on your plywood measure and mark the measurements of the hull you took earlier front up front and back in back making sure that you leave equal space between your measurment marks and the curves you traced earlier, since especially on a V and most boats the deeper you go into the hull the less the distance is.

Once you have those marked then you can use your cardboard template to trace your new angle making sure that the distance between your new angle and the one you traced on the plywood is equal this will ensure proper spacing the whole length of the cut. Trace it and for the otherside just flip over the cardboard.

Sounds intense but it is bery easy and I only had to do some trimming with a file to make it fit like a glove.

resizejc.jpg

Hope this helps someone out in the future.

Also in the pic it doesnt show it but the angle actually goes all the way to the front, underneath my anchor platform.

Latest posts