Livewell pump question... Mayfair users?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
So I got my livewell pump (water intake) and got to reader the directions. I got the horizontal model, shown as letter B here https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_37059____SearchResults

Turns out they want the output (the yellow appendage) to be facing up. It doesn't say why, but I'd assume they know what they're talking about. This means the horizontal style I got would be for putting a hole in the bottom of the boat, and I'd have to get the vertical style if I wanted to put the intake through the side of the hull.

Which brings me to my next question. If I did get the vertical model and put it through the side of the hull, it would sit at an angle, and the output wouldn't be pointing directly up.

So should I just make my intake on the bottom of the hull? I'm pretty tempted to do it, but it'll be towards the front, and while it probably wouldn;t be in the way when I beach it, I wouldnt want to risk cracking it off on a bunk.

Any input? Think I could just use what I have and have the output horizontal?

Thanks

I believe that they mean the yellow cartridge is facing upward.. with the output nozzle on the top of the unit. as opposed to being on a horizontal angle. it is designed to go out the back of the boat not the bottom.
they are waterproof so you could try it in a bucket to be sure it works before drilling a hole in the boat

Ive got the 1 labeled B in the link, it mounts through the transom below the waterline. not sure if it will work at different angles. The only problem I had is leaving it on while not in the water and burning up the motor once. motor replacement is simple as long as you can get to it.

with model A, you want the yellow outlet flowing straight up in the air. This allows air that gets pulled in when the pump is off to rise away from the impeller and prevent an air lock. With model b you would mount it exactly like it is in the picture. With model B the air would rise above the impeller in the housing.

You could go through the bottom with model A and mount it like the picture shows. If you turn it on its side then that is when you want to make sure the outlet is pointing up.

Latest posts