Trolling Motor Propellor Question - HELP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
I am considering upgrading the props on my electric trolling motors - has anyone here done that

After a brief web search i realized that there lots of options out there. I am thinking of either a 3 blade composite prop or a 2 blade cast aluminum

Tell me about what you have tried and how it worked please

I have the kipawa prop it is nice nothing great about it.. what motor are you running? what do you hope to accomplish?
the kipawa says it gives you:
more speed I didn't see it
longer battery life maybe a little.
better hold in current yes
99% weedless no way not even close..
i switched mine back to the machete
i picked up the safarri prop and will try that next season..

If vegetation is not an issue... go for the 2 blade. You get more efficiency and bang for your buck (so to speak) from them.

If you get into the weeds, avoid the 2 blade as it will stay fouled.

Quackrstackr said:
If vegetation is not an issue... go for the 2 blade. You get more efficiency and bang for your buck (so to speak) from them.

they say the new safari is weedless we will see this summer.
it is made for the motorguide

redbug said:
Quackrstackr said:

they say the new safari is weedless we will see this summer.
it is made for the motorguide

I saw those last year when I busted my Machete but none of the locals had one in stock. I wouldn't mind trying one of those, myself.

redbug said:
what motor are you running? what do you hope to accomplish?

Looking for more speed. i run 2 Minn Kota 37 lb stern mounted motors for fishing electric only lakes

I chug along at a decent clip (I think I hit 5 or 6 mph at full throttle) but a little more speed woudl be nice

Latest posts