Needing some input

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5STAR

Reaction score
I am going to be buying a Jon boat and this site has really opened my eyes to the possibilities of what you can do with one. I am new to this so please bare with me..
I am wanting a pretty stable boat and I have no idea which one that would be. I am wanting to trick one out with a live well and some compartments and other things. Does anyone know of a place on the web that sells accessories for Jon boats? I was out the other day and saw one that had the deck in the front and his had a railing around the front which I thought was kinda cool but don't know if it would be functional or not. I just didn't know if anyone is familiar with that or not. How hard is it to convert one to a side console?
BTW I am new to the site and I am fired up and ready to snag a Jon boat and hit the water!!!!!

Wellit depends on if you want a new or used. If you want a stable boat then i would go witha 1436 or 1440. But if your looking for used then you can usually find a boat on craigslist if you just punch in oyur city.

Yea I have been looking on CL and I have found a few of them that I like.
I can only afford a used one to mess with for right now.

Welome Aboard. You will definately find some great info on here and meet a lot of people with a lot of knowledge.

Doug

:WELCOME: 5star

Thanks for joining! If your looking, save and look for a 1448 in my opinion. The wider it is the more stable it is. One important to remember is weight distribution and weight capacity.

Hopefully soon we will see some of those Texas Pig Bass you guys have down there.

I'm with Jim. I tried smaller boats, and always ended up selling them as I saved up money. I now have a 1648, which I'm completely happy with.

My advice: Don't settle. Not having a boat for a few months or a year while you save money is better than buying something 2nd best, and wishing you would have waited.

Good luck and welcome

Jim said:
:WELCOME: 5star

Thanks for joining! If your looking, save and look for a 1448 in my opinion. The wider it is the more stable it is. One important to remember is weight distribution and weight capacity.

Hopefully soon we will see some of those Texas Pig Bass you guys have down there.
Oh yea there is some pretty decent Bass fishing around the Lake Conroe area. I caught a 7 1/2 pound large mouth in Huntsville state park.

Latest posts