Princecraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eezerz

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and am recently addicted to tinboats...
Yesterday I traded my winter car i paid $100 for. In exchange I recieved this Princecraft 12'.
Could anyone tell me anything about it? Year, quality ect... It does have a serial# but not date of mfr. I would like to clean it up and re-do the transom and repaint the inside. The boat appears to have little use, and has one small dent.
Princecraft12017.jpg

Princecraft12018.jpg

Princecraft12015.jpg

Princecraft12021.jpg

Princecraft12036.jpg

Princecraft12012.jpg

I would like it to look new again... What do you think?
Is it worth $100?

Thanx for looking

Attachments

• ' 011.jpg
    ' 011.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 1,465
Yep, that should easily be worth 100 bucks. Replace the rotten wood, and have you a nice little fishing boat.

Finding the year is about impossible on those things. Records, if they ever existed, are likely long gone, and there are no distinct changes year by year to pick out. I have long since given up on finding the age and whatnot of some of these older boats.

Now I want to see a pic of the car :D

Welcome to the site!

I have started to remove the rotten wood.
Princecraft12039.jpg

Princecraft12042.jpg

Here's the car I traded for, despite the picture the car did need a few things.
davislake271.jpg

I will post progress on the refurbishing of the boat.
:)

Thanks for posting the pic of the car... :D I was expecting something that looked much worse.

BTW, have you tried speaking to someone at Princecraft about the serial numbers? I assume they are still in business and might have someone (or refer you to someone) who can give you some more info on it.

smoody said:
will be a nice fishing rig....

not sure I would have traded the car for it.... #-o

I would have - cannot fish from teh car

Welcome to TB - replace the wood and gooooooooo fishing in it is what i would do

Fish do not care about dents and stuff

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Well, I just got back from the boat launch. I decided to go put it in the water "BEFORE" doing anything to the boat. I put the boat in the water with me and some weight in it, and rocked it about for a good half hour. PERFECT, NO LEAKS... Just as I suspected anyways. Now I can justify spending money on it, since the boat was practically free. I also went and got some 3/4" plywood for the 2 pieces I will replace. I've also been looking at used as well as new engines. I must say i'm thinking of going with the new yamaha F15 '09(left over stock). Used engines are soooo "IFFY"...tons of searching...
I plan on using it for fishing lakes and rivers. Now I just got to get it together before spring...
:D
sorry no pics from the boat launch

A few more updates(pics coming)...
I have cut and shaped the 3/4 plywood for the front and the transom. I plan on useing Varathane outdoor clear gloss spar varnish(4 coats should do).
Today bought a 1985 Merc 9.8 s/s... It cost $700cdn. but its in beautiful shape(hardly used), I know thats probably no steal of a deal, but I think it's a good start.... I also bought a brand new set of oars and oarlocks for $60...
I'm pretty much addicted to my little tinny... I missed out on a galvanized 10ft trailer today, for $300obo. oh well, lots of trailers to be had i'm sure...
Here's a pic I found on the net, this is my motor and just as nice too...
mercury98.jpg

here's the trailer i missed out on...
3m03o53p65Oe5S95R8a14ff512db276461161.jpg

It's almost all together, I'll have pics up when done...
cheers :D

Thanks to all who have checked out my thread and added comments.
I've had a look at alot of boats on this forum and read up on some projects. There are some really nice boats on here, that's for sure.
I have no experience boating OR fishing, this is my first boat. And I have never caught a fish in my life(30yrs). Hopefully that will change this year. I do alot of camping and dirtbiking, so this will be a great addition. I'm tired of inflateable rafts that are impossible to row and constanly get holes in them.
I managed to snap some more pics of my progress. Here ya go...

This is my new to me O/B...1985 merc 9.8 one owner....
Princecraft12171.jpg

Princecraft12148.jpg

Princecraft12140.jpg

Princecraft12100.jpg

Here are some shots of the boat, oars ect..
Princecraft12179.jpg

Princecraft12085.jpg

Princecraft12068.jpg

Princecraft12056.jpg

I'm just finishing the wood for the transom and bow cover...
There's still a bit of work but i'm hoping to have it in the water this weekend. I'll be sure to bring my camera.
I am also planning on cleaning and repainting the inside(same color), adding a couple of swivel seats and some rod holders and cut a new piece of aluminum bulkhead for the front bench for storage. Maybe some lights too, but that's about it. Gonna keep it simple, light and cheap...
So far i'm in the water for about $1000.cdn... I'm more than OK with that.
:LOL2:

SORRY FOR THE BAD PICS(phone)... I'LL USE MY CAM NEXT TIME....duhhhhh!

Well I just got back from the river. It was cold and wet, but I don't care. I got to try out my new boat. It goes along pretty good. The 9.8 runs like a top. I still don't have everything I need, but I had to get it on the water to see what the motor would do. Here are some pics. (I didn't bring my cam cause of moisture so cell phone pics will have to do)
Princecraft12194.jpg

Yes, I know. I need a good dock line, among alot of other things...
Princecraft12192.jpg

Princecraft12190.jpg

The Fraser River in British Columbia(wet and cold)
Princecraft12188.jpg

Princecraft12186.jpg

Really happy with the motor...
Princecraft12184.jpg

Princecraft12181.jpg

Here's a youtube link of some footage at the launch...
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DMB61W7HGSA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DMB61W7HGSA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
hope you like? feel fre to leave any comments or suggestions please...
8)

P.S. That Tim Hortons cup was my bailer, just in case you smarty pants have anything to say...lol

That's my world famous dog "BUSTER"....

cheers

Latest posts