Bench Seat Foam help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilG

Reaction score
looking to place livewell into the top of a bench seat. Was wondering best way to remove foam when you only cut a square out of the top.
any ideas appreciated.

Phil

It is a ROYAL PITA!!!!!!! I tried just about everything from a sawzall to using the claw on a hammer. I ended up using a thin blade filet knife. I would cut a piece a couple of inches wide and break it out piece by piece. It is going to make a mess no matter what you do. I had white pellets all in my yard. Someone suggested heating the knife would make it easier.

Good Luck!!

If it is the white pellet kind, your in for some trouble. If it is the yellow pour in kind, use an old serrated bread knife. Still gonna be a pain.

Keyhole saw, and claw hammer

Prepare to have that stuff everywhere...The static buildup became laughable with mine.

I took all of mine out. Not sure the best way to leave a smooth bottom in it.

Thnx for the ideas. Guess I'll know when I cut the hole once get a little better weather.
Since I am gonna deck some I be able to cut away one face and make it easier. The deck would hide the wound.

I used the long serrated knife.....Forever Sharp....like the infomercial. These knives are fantastic if you don't own one they are worth every penny. I removed all the foam so i used that and a putty knife to break it wasy. In your case I'd cutthe shape you want all the way around with the serrated knife and then use a putty knife to help you chip away at it. It's pretty time consuming.