Another seat mounting thread

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckmechanic

Reaction score
Okay, so here is my problem. I have been wanting to mount seats with 8" stationary pedestals in my boat for a while now. I was having problems deciding what mount to go with and have decided on the sliding mount like the one pictured below. Does anyone know how this will work with mounting them over carpet? :?

5600939.jpg

Or would I be better off to just peel the carpet up and use them or the board method and recarpet the boat :lol:

A friend of mine has a setup like that (dealer installed), and it's mounted on the rear seat. Works well, as all you do is tilt the seat forward some, slide the seat where you want it, and start fishing. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on top of carpet, as you have to get up out of the seat to tilt and slide it. The mount he has also has a swivel-lock lever where you can swivel it left or right a bit and face either side of the boat.

Waterwings is correct, you'll probably have to get up to slide it, but everything else is pretty straight forward. I think you would be just fine with the sliding mount right over the carpet. I think it comes down to personal preference. Mounts on top or underneath?

Truckmechanic,

I know of a guy who has it mounted on top of carpet and it works ok for him. He has the swivels like I do on my boat seat with the same "C" channel mounting bracket.

Doug

Thanks a bunch for the help...I am going to go with this mount and just install over my carpet. I was really afraid I was going to have to redo all of my carpet and the wife was worried I was going to buy new :LOL2:

TruckMech-
May I ask where you are getting that "c" channel and seat mount from? I want to do something like that in my boat also, but can't find anyone that sells the channel and mounts...

I will probably order mine through an ebay store because that was the only place I could find the 30" rails. If you are just imterested in the 15" rails, Overtons.com and Cabelas has them.

If you go to ebay just use the search " jon boat seat mount"

I've just started seeing these type of seat mounts. Is the point of them that the seat can slide from left to right, shifting weight when necessary? If so, I want them :D

WhiteMoose said:
I've just started seeing these type of seat mounts. Is the point of them that the seat can slide from left to right, shifting weight when necessary? If so, I want them :D

that's what they are

The rail/channel that is mounted to the rear bench seat in my rig goes side-to-side. The dealership I purchased the boat at is a family-owned place, and great people there. Give them a call and they might have what you need and ship it to you.

Here's the info from their website: https://www.boats.com/sites/tylerboats

Tyler Boats Inc.
3179 South State Rd. 161
Rockport, IN 47635

Toll Free (888) 602-2916
Fax (812) 649-9996