Stupid ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonmac

Reaction score
Just sitting here looking at boats and noticed that on the Tracker jon boats the ribs do not go up the sides of the boat, but on the Lowe and G3 boats the ribs go up the sides. So my question is this, does it really matter?

Me just sitting here thinking about it the answer in my mind is yes because if they go up the sides I would say it would make the boat more solid and help control flex in rougher water.

But does it really matter or am I over thinking things?

All the boats I was looking at are riveted.

dyeguy1212 said:
How do the power ratings compare? Its not all about the transom... especially if your hull falls apart :lol:

Looks like they all have 25 horse power rating.

Interesting.

My first boat didnt have ribs up the side and there was quite a bit of flex, especially compared to my second boat, which did have side ribs. All things considered, I don't think it makes much of a difference in performance..

I am looking to by a boat later this year and with a daughter getting ready to go to college and another going into first grade I need want to make sure I get a good solid boat because it will have to last along time.

Does anyone have any experiance with Tracker Topper boats?

My buddy has a 1436 topper. They're good, solid boats.

I know youre just in the research stage right now, but I really suggest watching craigslist as opposed to buying a new one. Its a buyers market right now (I got a 1648 with a 40 HP for 1500 last summer).

Good luck

I wouldn't buying used, except my first boat I bought was a new hull with a motor that was supposidly rebuilt by a reputible shop, I got to use the boat I think three times before the motor blew, called the dealer where I bought it and they told me it was a used motor and was out of warrenty but they would look at it for regular shop rate. Long story short alot of fights with the wife and alot of money spent to get a motor.

Swore my next one was going to be new and under warrenty or not at all. Guess that's a crazy way to look at it but I found out the hard way that I would rather be fishing than fighting with the wife and looking at a boat I can't use.
:mrgreen:

The long time forum members know I'm not a big fan of Tracker boats. You just happened to point out one of the reason's why.

bassboy1 said:
The long time forum members know I'm not a big fan of Tracker boats. You just happened to point out one of the reason's why.

Awwww, come on, I know you secretly have a Tracker with a brand new Mercury on the back :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not sure about the ribs.But i was looking at the L W tracker boats when i got my Lowe 1648 it had higher side walls and that was it for me.It also had a higher price but you pay for what you get.
caveman

Latest posts