Non-skid mat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
I didn't get around to doing it this past summer when I bought the boat, but am looking to add a piece of non-skid to the bow (by the TM) of the jon. Ive looked at the standard non-skid strips available (mostly 6" wide), but need something to provide more coverage and trimmable to the fwd deck area. It gets a little slick on occasion. Anyone know of any available (website possbly)?

Thanks

not a problem. might have to look into some myself but I can get by with the 6" stuff. My boat is all carpeted except up front by the trolling motor which has rubber tread mounted.

flounderhead59 said:
not a problem. might have to look into some myself but I can get by with the 6" stuff. My boat is all carpeted except up front by the trolling motor which has rubber tread mounted.

Yep, my PT175 has the rubber tread on the bow by tm also. I've looked for that but no luck.

Applying non-skid strips/mats to boat surfaces is a good safety addition. When I beach the jon after launching or pre-loading I usually get my feet wet, and that dang bow can get mighty slippery!

Waterwings said:
Applying non-skid strips/mats to boat surfaces is a good safety addition. When I beach the jon after launching or pre-loading I usually get my feet wet, and that dang bow can get mighty slippery!

Or standing on a wet painted trailer brace!

pbw said:
Waterwings said:

Or standing on a wet painted trailer brace!

That's for sure, and I have slipped off of the trailer tongue before. Have since then applied the 3" wide non-skid strip there. Our Lowe's carries it in a small roll in the ladder department.

Latest posts