need quick answer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusmir

Reaction score
[-o< im want to buy this product
Interlux CSC antifouling paint black

how many q do i need to get the job done fro my jon boat 14ft long top 6 wide . bottom 4ft im only doing the bottom ..

DO NOT put that on your aluminum boat! There is a good chance that it will destroy your hull.

Why do you want to use anti-foul pain on a jon boat? You do understand that this paint is meant to keep growth off the hulls of boats that stay in the water all the time?

Anti-foul dissolves releasing metals to prevent marine growth (like barnacles) from attaching to a ship's hull. To work correctly the boat must remain in the water - if you let the anti-foul dry it will chip and flake off.

Anyway - do not do this ever!

O wow i didnt know that it will chip off if i dont keep it in water . Im new to this shoot . I guess i need more info . Ill just get steelflex

well i alredy purchased 4 qt or green primer than i purchased 3 diff colors topside colors. baige dead grass green and dark green . and i thought i could used the black stuff on the bottom just the bottom nothing else.i was kinda compairing it toward's the steelflex i thought they were the same stuff almost... but i learned something today ;( dont buy it unless u know what its for ..;0 :---)

No worries - glad you asked

Also, this anti-foul is not allowed in most fresh water lakes and rivers (because of the toxic metals involved)

I might just fix my fiberglass boat the hull outside has blisters . I might do that and put that paint and sell the boat and motor and buy a bigger motor for my aluminum boat

Latest posts