the gripper?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free jonboat

Reaction score
theres some black plastic thing installed on the side of my boat called the gripper. it has prongs going up and down alternating. what the heck is this thing?

Also creates a place for folks to tie off their bait bucket or bounty in the absense of a livewell.

I'm not real keen on drilling further holes in my rig, but how well does the Gripper work? I have one cleat I've installed on the gunwale near the front pedastal, which I use for tying-off the anchor line, but it does get to be a pain sometimes. The Gripper seems like it would be much quicker.

I have one on each side of my bow and they work well. I especially like them for quick tying off at the boat ramp since I fish by myself. I also use them for tying off the anchor ( I only have the 8lb mushroom anchor) Not sure how the plastic grabbers would hold for heavier anchors though.

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    769.1 KB · Views: 402
yea i clicked that link and its the same in my boat. i have beel using it to tie off my anchor line but i didnt know if that is what is made for. works great for smaller rope

I have 8 of them on my boat. They work great. I am switching to the metal ones when I finish painting. I have 2 that have broken with time. They will hold a 15lb anchor in a current as well as a 48" drift sock holding back the boat in a 15 mph wind.