How long would it take carpet glue to dry in cold weather?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

Reaction score
I don't have a heated garage or anything to store the boat in so it would have to sit in the cold weather. Would it even be worth installing glue and carpet this time of year? I have no problem with it taking a while to dry, but wasn't sure if it would work at all. If carpet wouldn't work, would the Duraback or Tuff Coat rubberized stuff be any better or would I bet in the same boat?

You'd probably want to read the label and find out what the working temperatures are. Most products give a range in the directions... either way, its likely to take a long time

edit: by the way, you should update your profile with a location so we know where you are, and what "cold weather" is likely to mean to you

updated my profile. It's been brutally cold quite a bit this year. A few weeks back we had sub zero temps for a couple weeks and then it hit 70 one day and now they are calling for VERY cold temps again. Gotta love good ol Missouri. If you don't like the weather, wait and day and it will be totally opposite. :mrgreen:

dyeguy is right-on.Check the label. I work with petroleum-based adhesives outside,the colder it is or the higher the humidity,the slower the drying time.Be careful to note any moisture.As the adhesives "flash off" they absorb moisture in the air.If there is moisture there will be NO adhesion.

Latest posts