problem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusmir

Reaction score
i called my friend yesterday to cee if hr has a aluminum welder /he told me he has a aluminum welder , anyways while i was at work he kinda did his part and started working on it i gave him the promission. when i came home that dude s))t head was welding steal to aluminum where the cracks where on the bottom.
flexcore wire welder it was exsact.. i mean it looks ok but im thinking is not gonna last long. i alredy found a guy that would do it for ok price but i thougght since he said he had one why not for free. so anyways what should i do .. regrinde all of that cr*p he welded of and he the guy to it the right way or leave it will i reun into problems down the road.. [-X :?: #-o =D> :arrow:

Aluminum & steel don't mix. [-X Its going to crack for sure.Sounds like you have a big mess.Grind it out & get a professional to do it.

It is indeed possible to weld alum and steel, But it is a very scientific process, with a triple a welder to do it, i say get it out of there myself..

I keep reading someplace you get what you pay for...
grind it out and have it done right..

good luck

Latest posts