New at this and could use some ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Reaction score
Ok guys I just found this site after I picked up thos ole v-bottom. This is my first boat and have never restored anything before. My son, Luke and I are going to try a late Winter/Early Spring project. This is an old Lone Ranger 12' that was given to me and we want to add a few things. I got a lot of ideas by looking at the boats that have been modified. We want to repaint, add a casting deck in the front and back, and add some storage. Now - any ideas where to start?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am going to need it but this sure will be fun.

102_2037.jpg

102_2032.jpg

102_2035.jpg

:WELCOME:

Looking forward to seeing your progress. One thing I would suggest since you have a 12ft boat is keep the decks low. From reading other posts here I haved learned that stability is an issue on smaller boats.

I will be getting a trailer for this boat. Just don't know where to start. It is cold here in Indiana so painting and such is out of the question as my barn is unheated. However, this will give me some time to plan.

I have really enjoyed reading through this site. Easy to navigate and A LOT of information here.

Thanks

I would start with thinking about a layout of how you want your boat to be setup. Storage, electronics, etc. Make a drawing so you can get a visual. Since it's too cold for painting and mods, keep searching this site and you will get some great ideas on how to modify the boat to your likeing. Just make sure to post pics of the progress :)

I moved your thread here until you start the build, then you can create a new thread for that in the other section.

I love the boat. This is what I would do. I myslef like an open floor plan. I would put a low level floor in between the two seats. I would then add a level floor to both the front and back, all carpeted of course. I would then mount to pedestal seats for all day fishing comfort!

What are your plans for a motor/trolling motor?

Jim,

I am going to eventually get a foot controlled trolling motor. I understand the lower level in between the seats. I am sure I can do that pretty easily. I was thinking about putting a platform from the front seat to the bow and one from back seat to stern. I am a bass fisherman by obsession, so I don't like to be down "in" a boat due to flippin and pitchin. I guess I need to re-think about the front and how high to make the platform. I was thinking about making the seat right above the actual boat seat as it is back a ways.

I am open to any and all ideas.

Thanks

Brian

Latest posts