homemade consoles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrewCabMax

Reaction score
I did a search, and didnt come up with much. I'm in the process of getting started on my boat mod. My boat is an older 17' Crestliner, and i'm totally gutting it and starting over. Right now it was a coverd bow, with the steering setup up front. I'm looking to uncover the bow area, and make a casting deck up front, with a small center console or side console. I'm looking to get some ideas on how you guys made your consoles. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just enough to mount my steering and a couple gauges, maybe a windshield. What are you guys making them out of??? ANY help would be great, as i'm kind of lost on how to make something that will look decent and be sturdy. Pictures would be AWSOME, b/c i learn alot better by looking at something as aposed to reading it! Thanks a ton for any help! I'll post pictures of everything once i get started!

Joe

no one has ever made there own console??

Also, how do you determine where to put it?? I'm not really wanting to make it side console, but rather a center. How do i know how far up or back to put it?? Do i put it in the middle of the boat, or more towards the back, or more towards the front?? Sorry for all the questions, would just like a little guidence, so i dont " figure it out the hard way ". Thanks in advance!!

There are a couple guys in the mod section that have done consoles, but not many. You may dig through the builds and see who it was, then shoot them a PM. I believe one was by Ranchero???

You can make one out of plywood, or if your setup to...aluminum.

There are also companies that make prebuilt consoles.

Good luck.

The guy is Ranchero 50. He is a wizard with machining aluminum and could probably put a boat in orbit if he had a mind to. Here's the link to his project https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8385. I have seen consoles for sale but can't remember where. I wonder if you looked on a manufacturers site whether you can buy just the console. I'll try to remember where I saw a console and pass it along if I can...

I built one for my 14' alum Jon boat out of P/T plywood, added more sealer, painted it and than covered with carpet. I'll post some pictures when I get my boat out of the shop. I do have another one made of alum. with a livewell or storage box attached that is for sale. You can also go to J-H Marine Supply and see what they have.

Latest posts