first jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bailey86

Reaction score
i seen a jon boat when i fishing a friends pond and asked them about it and they said it was there nabors boat and no one uses it enymore soo i called the nabor the next day about it and he said it had leaks in the rivets and other that good boat he just had find title for it and $40 later i taking it home cleand moss and junk off it and realzed had a couple craks in the bottom? what do i need do i thought geting roll in bed liner and covering the whole boat with it would that work and i also hurd of people rolling trailor tar like you use to cover trailor homes roofs with i dono what be best im not looking for a boat to go on river or big lake just pond jump with mostly and want it to work good im not best swim lol

Congrats on the boat!

To get started, the size of the cracks are what's most important. I'm a firm believer in doing it right the first time, so you may need to have a aluminum welder work his magic and repair them correctly, so you never have to worry about the patch job :D

Rivet leaks aren't a huge deal at all. Lots of people here have done everything from JB Weld to an epoxy repair. Once again, if they're severe enough, fixing them right the first time will save you headaches later on.

For very small leaks, the paint you're looking for is Steelflex. To be honest, if you or a pro can fix the problems first, you wouldn't need the steelflex as a precautionary measure. Fix it right; and avoid the cost of paint and supplies.

Just my opinion!

Latest posts