hole in bottom of boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris

Reaction score
Hows it goin? I just stubbled across this website a while back and have been snoopin around gettin ideas for fixing up my boats. Well i finally managed to find a job so i'm gonna start my first project pretty soon. Here is my question. The first boat i'm gonna work on has about a inch to inch and half hole in the bottom. I dont have a welder and i dont know anyone who does. I've looked at several options and the one i'm leanin to is this https://www.durafix.com has anyone used this stuff or know any better ideas?

Call some welding shops and see how much to have it fixed rite. If there a little slow they may give you a good price. I paid $30 to have a seam welded and to have the transom caps put back on when I replaced my transom.

aw come on where is the spirit of doin it yourself. lol i agree it would prolly be easier and maybe a little cheaper but i like tearin things up

Post some photos of your problem. Maybe we can be of some help.

PS: I saw that hot glue stuff at a Fair in AK back in the 70's. I bit. :oops: I took some of his sticks home and was never ever able to make any of them work on anything!

Your best bet is getting it welded.

epoxying it is only going to be like flushing half the turd. the leak will come back

any pics??

aight i'll get some pics up tomorrow if i can. honestly the reason i dont want to get it welded is i dont know anybody around here with the right equipment. I've been to several weldin shops and they all said they couldnt do it. The guy that normally welds on my boats said this one is so much thinner than my flatbottoms that he doesnt feel comfortable doin it. anybody from around the area know of any good shops that will do it

How about a small patch? Seal it with 5200 and rivet or machine screw and bolt the sucker together.

You clean it and seal it with a good glob of 5200 Marine Adhesive and it will never leak

Captain Ahab said:
How about a small patch? Seal it with 5200 and rivet or machine screw and bolt the sucket together.

You clean it and seal it with a good glob of 5200 Marine Adhesive and it will never leak

This is what I was thinking also.