Grizzly Boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawriverrat

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have pulled up the floor on a newer Grizzly? Whats it look like?

I was not even considering buying one. But a fella has a 1754 that he wants to trade me for doing some tree work for him.

Any way the newer Grizzly boats have a fully welded in place floor. Some may like this, I don't. It can make doing repairs harder.

So why not tear it up when the time comes to repair it?

I think you'll have one hell of a time doing it... I really think you'd be better off selling the boat and buying one without decks... you'd probably turn one hell of a profit in the process.

The boat is not exactly what I want. This fella knows Ive been looking at boats again & has always been a gracious sort.
I let him know the work I would be doing would not come close to the value of the boat. 3 limbs removed from a large cotonwood. 2 go over his barn & will need to be roped off.Take 6 hours at most. Plus I dont have to chip or haul none of it.

This boat is a 1754 never been in the water. Been laying upside down a little less than a year by his barn.

I can get the floor out easy enough. But like your saying it is not really worth it.

wouldnt it just be ribs and some flotaion foam? unless you want to change the design? those are some fairly tough boats. Sounds like a deal to me... :)

They are running bow to stern stringers with some cross bracing. It's a bit different from the regular cross ribs used in most aluminum jon style boats. That much I understand. I just havent seen it.

The grizzly boats are a good boat. I am wanting a tunnel or build one for a jet. I would be better trading this one torward what I want. I think.

dyeguy1212 said:
Its a deal either way... I'll trade you a 1648 with no decks and $1000 8)
:D You know if your boat where wider I might be interested :mrgreen: I am wanting a 1756 Alweld tunnel, no deck or rear bench. If the deal works out I all ready have a buddy that wants it.

dyeguy, where do you call home?.......Never mind. I just noticed where your from on your avatar.

They are a "fair" boat due to the way they weld. If you compare a G3 welds to a Grizzly you will see what I mean. It is just a johnboat so it wasn't a big factor when I purchased my 1860 (which I added the floor with rivets). The welds hold, they just aren't pretty.

beetlespin said:
They are a "fair" boat due to the way they weld.

I agree. A boat with TIG type "stack of dime welds" gives a nice finished look. I can appreciate folks wanting that.

My boats are nothing more than a tool to put me or my clients on fish or get to a camp area.
After 3 -5 years of "Dammit, Dents & Dings" I don't expect any to comment about the beauty of the welds on my boat :D

Latest posts