Bed Liner my entire bottom of my boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskiehunting

Reaction score
Im about to paint my tri hull boat, and was considering doing the entire thing in hurricane bedliner, the stuff made for truck beds. Would it slow the boat down that much???

I have read that the big tunnel hull race boats actually make the bottom textured, as it will hold water in the texture, and water on water has less resistance than fiberglass/alum on water, That being said, originally i was gonna do the same, for the cost, your better off steel flexing it, and it will likely last longer.. As far as i know, you can steel flex glass as well.. lots easier to ruff it up anyways..

https://www.linex.com/forum/images/list-image.php?=&album=28

Its for a trihull 15ft fishing boat....

Thats linex, there in there own realm, I steelflexed my entire boat for 100.00 thats 2 gallons of product..

file.php

I have the herculiner sitting around, its gotta be close to the same as linex, i never used on my other truck so I wanted too look into using that instead of painting my fiberglass boat, otherwise ill paint it....thanks guys

https://www.boatersland.com/peteasypoxyg.html

used that instead, going to do a keel gaurd with the hurculiner

I was going to go the way of the bed liner route. I really liked the Line-X product, especially how much strength it added, that it had a lifetime warranty and that you could get it either smooth or textured. What I didn't like was the price. For my 15 foot john the price was $900.00 for black and around $1200.00 for any other color. This was also just for the bottom and sides, nothing inside. I was then going to use the do it yourself bed liners like Durabak since you can get it in smooth non textured. I asked several questions on this website and after talking to Jerry at Fasco, steelflex in my opinion is the way to go.

lol on that link to linx i could swore that was my boat looking at the bottom side of it lol