Boatin the Kalamazoo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymanme2

Reaction score
Went boatin today.Put in about 11:30 this morning.Fare amount of slush ice comin down the river.It was 20 when I left the house this morning.
The first pic is from the launch headin up river.Used to be an old single lane bridge that turned so the barges caring wood could continue down river.Rebuilt it a few years back & now is only foot traffic.
2nd pic is in the swamp which there had to be over a thousand geese.This time of year the Golden Eagles come through along with the local Baldies which you see most the time.They are in the 3rd & 4th pics

Attachments

• Boatin 2-6-10 016.jpg
    Boatin 2-6-10 016.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Boatin 2-6-10 013.jpg
    Boatin 2-6-10 013.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 275
  • Boatin 2-6-10 005.jpg
    Boatin 2-6-10 005.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Boatin 2-6-10 001.jpg
    Boatin 2-6-10 001.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 275
I downloaded this pic from Goggle earth to show you how big this area is.The top left is down river where I went in today.The bottom right is where I came out & took the river back.There is all sorts of channels going through this swamp.Some hunters at times have been lost & spent the night out in the swamp.Its a big duck & goose hunting spot.

Attachments

• Big swamp.jpg
    Big swamp.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 266
nice, did you do any fishin? The steelhead fishing should be picking up.

No,I didn't do any fishing.They fish for steely's up by the Allegan Dam.I only saw 1 other boat & he was in the swamp going for a ride also.I do most my steelhead fishing in the channel at Port Sheldon or when weather permits in Lake Mich.This river is 30 miles south of my home.

Latest posts