fly fishing set-up?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcmay

Reaction score
Im debating buy a 16ft or 17ft Mod V aluminum boat to fish the AL, MS and LA saltwater marshes with. Have any of you guys ever set up an aluminum boat for fly fishing? Im thinking 25-40hp tiller w/ a poling platform and a casting platform, Minn Kota rip tide trolling motor etc etc. Im also possibly looking for a mod V with a tunnel, but Im having trouble finding a company who makes one, any ideas on that one????

It's been awhile since I last posted but I'm sure there are a few manufactures that can fit your needs.
There are a few flates boats here and they would work perfectly for your situation.
I have a 1652 tunnel hull Crestliner(30/40hp),just did a quick google search and G3 has tunnel hull boats...I bet alot of manufactures still make factory tunnel hulls as well.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome To TinBoats!!!!

Where are you from? My boat is the one on the home page with the pods. We fish Breton Sound and the Biloxi Marsh just about every weekend. I fly fish out of it regularly. I have a trolling motor that gets in the way bad, but I make it work. I custom ordered my Alweld from a dealer here in Picayune. Alweld will build anything you want.

This past year I caught my PB Redfish on fly weighing 29lbs.

I live in Mobile, AL but I plan on doing as much fishing in LA and MS as possible, I will travel to find clean water! I took a look at the alwelds, and I like them alot. I have requested a price quote from them, so I can go from there.

anyone? Im looking for pictures of setups of mod v's that are set up for sight fishing

Latest posts