Has anyone ever seen a paint stencil like this?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Decided to save some money and just camo my boat. I've always liked the way these beavertail boats look, but can't find a stencil anywhere.

Any help?

Attachments

• paint.JPG
    paint.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 880
  • paint2.JPG
    paint2.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 880
I like that 2. !! U can find it on youtube how to do that ' close to that vey easy. But i would defenetly do it lil diferently

the problem with the above video is that youre using the back ground color for the basic shape.. so I need some sort of stencil...

I might just have to cut one out and try it myself, because I'm not finding one..

I've never seen a reed stencil like that but this place has about everything else.

https://reelfootcustomcamo.com/

I think that my next one will probably be Natgear.

Well I found something close.. the tops of the reeds in this stencil bend at the top, but its not necessarily a bad thing...
https://www.stencilease.com/db/display.asp?input=2278

I'd be getting the 14x36" one... which is the pattern on the bench of the vhull shown in the pictures and videos I think it will look great with black or grey, brown, and OD on top of my dark tan boat.

I emailed them to see what kind of custom stencil I could get because I'd like to get one 24" by 36" so that it covers the entire side of my boat, and wraps about the bottom a little bit. Hopefully I'll hear back from them, hopefully they can make it, and hopefully its affordable [-o<

i think what u could do is . print out few pages of thouse stencils . like 5-6- pages different kinds cut out what u want and tape them together and ur golden ... i think i might try it out tomorow just to cee if it will work ;)

If you print them, it will be a one and done shot.

Those stencils are laser cut from mylar so that the paint doesn't ruin them.

I like um all :wink:

If ya end up buying a stencil and run out of stuff to paint give me a shout and ill buy it from ya. Going to re-do mine this spring

Will do, Mike. I'm waiting on an email from them to find out if I can get the bigger stencil, and possibly if I can order JUST that one. Turns out they want you to buy the whole kit.

If I don't hear back from them by the afternoon I'll give them a call.

Never heard back from them so I gave them a call. Sounds like I'll be able to get just the one long custom stencil (as opposed to buying the whole kit).

Oddly enough, the lady said they only do quotes through email, and mine didn't go through, so she basically wrote and email for me and sent it in. She said someone would get back to me ASAP with a price. Ordered 24"x36", so it should cover the entire side of the hull and transom, with some overlap on the bottom, meaning I can curl the pattern underneath the boat for a seamless fade.

When I do get a quote, I'll have to ask them a question though. I want to make sure I'm just getting taller leaves of grass, and not thicker or skinnier. If they simply blow up the picture (or elongate it) , I don't think I'll be happy with the pattern.

I'll update when I hear back from them.

Latest posts