new route

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this welded or riveted?

Check out Academy https://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/marine/boats
They have an Alumacraft 1542 for $1099

I Would buy the biggest boat that cash will allow when i got mine a few years back i wanted a 14' but when i got to the dealer all they had in stock was the 1648.Got mad because i had drove 1 hr. and they should have told me that when i call about price that morning.The short of it is .I left then turned around and got the 1648 and am so glad they were out of the 14'.There was not that much of a price difference when one looks at the years of enjoyment that one receives.

Its not necessarily all about "space." A lot of it has to do with stability and fishability as well.

And as for a bigger motor, I wouldn't worry about it. On a budget, you arent going to be setting any speed records with a 14 footer or 16 footer.

Save up and get the bigger boat. :wink:

dyeguy1212 said:
Its not necessarily all about "space." A lot of it has to do with stability and fishability as well.

That about the some as it was back then.Have you ever been on a boat either size wider does make alot of difference,when the wakes start rolling in or even worse bad weather and you are trying to get back to the ramp.

As for the motor well yes you will want more hp ,I first ran a 6hp on it and it was slow but anything beats the paddle!! Then upgraded for 9.8hp ran it for awhile then after saving some cash got a new 25hp.

All i am saying is if you are like most of us no mater what you get in time you will want a bigger/wider boat and the sad fact is all so more hp.Get what works for you.
Just my 2 cents.
Also look at sidewall ht.

mike

Just read your other tread,if you have a 25 hp motor then what are you worried about .....................
Mine will run 23 /25 mph and yes i want more,maybe with different prop. am look it to that (for some time ).
as i said above we all always want more.

Latest posts