Boat seat question.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2008xpress

Reaction score
I am getting ready to install a new fishing seat on my rig.Does anyone have any reasons why i should not mount this to the rear hatch cover to the bilge area?Putting it there offers me the best access to the underside for reinforcement purposes as well as just the best location for a additional seat.all opinions and thoughts are welcome.Also what is the best thing to use to reinforce the underside?

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 336
  • mms_picture (1).jpg
    mms_picture (1).jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 336
that should be fine there... just don't put it so close to the rear that when you are facing either side of the boat, your transom side foot is going to have enough place to rest without wanting to go in the water.

On the bow of my boat, my pedestal is mounted almost near the very rear, and I find myself dang near falling in the middle of the boat alot because it's really too far back

That location would probably work well. No knowing what the underside of the hatch looks like (bracing) and how the hinge is attached, I'd check it and make sure the lid won't "torque" or twist if a person leans back in the seat too far and stresses the hinge. I'd probably go with large fender washers and nylock hex nuts underneath.

I recently added two more seat bases to my back deck. The decking material is .80 aluminum which is really thin and the area I mounted them didn't have any angle in a 13x13 spot. What I did was get a 12"x12" piece of .250 aluminum plate and put that under the deck and then mounted the seat bases on top of the deck and through the piece of plate. My deck is removeable to underside access was not problem and I through bolted it with 1/4-2 bolts, washers, and nylon nuts. That baby is rock solid now.