New, from the Adirondacks, NY.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
Hello Gents, just joined yesterday, great site. I have had a 12 foot grumman (wide) for over 20 years, used to fish NYC watershed for trout (no motor) now that I have moved upstate, its been sitting under a bunch of trees in my backyard. I am a bit hesitant about 12 feet, I would rather have a 14/16 foot, on the other hand the boat I have is free right? anyhow I am thinking of new paint, small restoration for ponds and lakes in the Adirondacks, right now I am wondering if I should go"green" electric only or get both outboard and trolling motor. Looking to post and learn, suggestions are welcome!

Thank you.

Froggy said:
Hello Gents, just joined yesterday, great site. I have had a 12 foot grumman (wide) for over 20 years, used to fish NYC watershed for trout (no motor) now that I have moved upstate, its been sitting under a bunch of trees in my backyard. I am a bit hesitant about 12 feet, I would rather have a 14/16 foot, on the other hand the boat I have is free right? anyhow I am thinking of new paint, small restoration for ponds and lakes in the Adirondacks, right now I am wondering if I should go"green" electric only or get both outboard and trolling motor. Looking to post and learn, suggestions are welcome!

Thank you.

Welcome Froggy! Perfect time to join! I'm heading up to the Adirondacks next week to look at some land. From what I have read there are some nice bodies of water to do some serious fishing up in the there.

How big are the waters you are fishing?

I live north of Saratoga, close to Glens Falls, I fly fish a lot, I own proprety by Schroon lake, a do fish out of my kayak, slow troll for trout in the spring, as far as body size, Lake georges is the king, we are ice fishing it right now, Schroon lake, large, both have landlocked salmon, lakers etc, a bit big for my 12 foot Jon, waves and wind can be a factor, I like the smaller ponds, Paradox lake, Fish creek (saratoga) Brand, Cranberry, Inlet, piseco etc, Fishing is serious up here, ADKforum.com is a good place to check things out, let me know if I can be of any help.

Froggy said:
I live north of Saratoga, close to Glens Falls, I fly fish a lot, I own proprety by Schroon lake, a do fish out of my kayak, slow troll for trout in the spring, as far as body size, Lake georges is the king, we are ice fishing it right now, Schroon lake, large, both have landlocked salmon, lakers etc, a bit big for my 12 foot Jon, waves and wind can be a factor, I like the smaller ponds, Paradox lake, Fish creek (saratoga) Brand, Cranberry, Inlet, piseco etc, Fishing is serious up here, ADKforum.com is a good place to check things out, let me know if I can be of any help.

No kidding! I am going to look at property in Redfield NY then heading back to Lake George for the weekend. I promised the kids I would take them to Six Flaggs indoor water park. :LOL2:

Latest posts