not to big a difference 1436 1442

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6" of floor doesn't sound like a big difference, but believe me it make a big difference - especially if you are thinking about adding decks. That 6" means stability - and you can deck all the way up... you can still do it with the 36" floor, but the water displacement will be less and it will be a little more wobbly out on the water. For that amount of money - I would spend it just to make an investment. You're going to get more money in the long run out of that 42" floor, and the sale price if you decide to sell is going to be in your favor because no one really goes out just looking for a 36" floor. Most times that is what they already have and they want something bigger

My Alumicraft 1442 is 62" across at the widest part. It's decked to the top and it's pretty darn stable. I've never been in a 1436 decked so I can't give you a comparison, but when I was in your shoes looking, everyone told me that I wouldn't regret going wider and they were right. I almost bought a 1448, but it wouldn't fit through my basement door... turns out neither will my 1442.

poolie said:
My Alumicraft 1442 is 62" across at the widest part. It's decked to the top and it's pretty darn stable. I've never been in a 1436 decked so I can't give you a comparison, but when I was in your shoes looking, everyone told me that I wouldn't regret going wider and they were right. I almost bought a 1448, but it wouldn't fit through my basement door... turns out neither will my 1442.

That makes me laugh...I barely go my Mirro through my basement doors. In fact I put a few character marks in the door frame getting it in there :LOL2: But it gave me room in the garage to work on another one.

If you have the space and the money the 1448 is the way to go. I think you'll regret a 1436 if you decide to go that route. I'd take a used 1448 over a new smaller boat all day long....especially if you plan to put a deck on it.

Tell you what boater, you win :lol: . I think everyone has voiced their opinion, and its been unanimous. Get a bigger boat. :wink:

If you cant afford it, there's no point in us chiming in. I'm sure you can get by with the smaller boat if need be. There's no point in buying the bigger boat if you're going to regret the cost the entire summer, IMO. :|

beetlespin said:
Bigger IS better. I have a Tracker Grizzly 1860. I can stand on the corner of the transom.

I hate you.... LOL (joking) That's what I'm wanting..

If you can afford it go as big as you can. You won't regret it.

beetlespin said:
Bigger IS better. I have a Tracker Grizzly 1860. I can stand on the corner of the transom.

i can stand in the corner on my boat (Xpress 1546).. but if the guy up front moves I'm getting wet - and the only reason I'm standing back there is to drain the main vein after way too many drinks

boater1234 said:
I KEEP TRYING TO FIND A REAL BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE 1442 AND 1436 AND THE MONEY DIFFERENCE DOES NOT OUT WEIGH THE PRODUCT 1436 $850 AND 1442 $1400 THAT IS A BIG DIFFERENCE FOR THE FEW INCHES YOUR GAINING.I'M NOT SAYING IT'S NOT A DIFFERENCE BUT NOT SIGNIFIGANT ENOUGH TO PAY AN EXTRA $500 FOT IT.YEA THE SIDES ARE 2 INCHES HIGHER AND THE BOTTOM 6 INCHES WIDER AND THE BEAM IS ONLY 5 INCHES WIDER OPEN A TAPE MEASURE AND SEE WHAT I'M SAYING DOES IT JUSTIFY SPENDING ANOTHER $500.I SAY NO BUT WHAT DO U SAY.100 LB WEIGHT CAPACITY NOT TO MUCH DIFFERERNT AND THE GAUGE METAL IS .058 COMPARED TO .063 NOT TO MUCH AGAIN.NOW TRACKER IS OFFERING A 1542 IF THEY EVER GET THEM TO THE STORES FOR $999 WHICH IS A REALLY GOOD PRICE FOR THAT SIZE JON AND A LIVEWELL IN THE MIDDLE SEAT THATS THE WAY I SHOULD GO BUT IV'E CALLED THEM FOR 3 STRAIGHT MTHS AND HERE THE SAME STORY BACKORDER.WELL I WISH THEY WOULD HURRY SO I CAN SEE THIS BOAT CAUSE IT LOOKS NICE FOR THE MONEY.WELL TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS AGAIN THANKS.
It may not be worth it for you but it is worth it to ME, which is all I care about when buying.

BTW, we can hear you loud and clear. Please don't SHOUT!

beetlespin said:

I can do that with my 1648 no problem.. we consistently board from the side of the boat without it even getting close to taking on water.

After my mod, there might be a sad ending to the story... #-o

poolie said:
Im buying back my alumacraft 1442 NCS,I thought it was well worth the money when I bought it new.I do alot of creek fishing in where I have to drag the boat from time to to time,so sometimes bigger is not always better,it depends what you want to do with the boat,plus alot people and cant afford to put out the extra money for a bigger boat.

I ended up with the 1860 by luck. I was waiting for the 17' and it just was taking forever to be delivered. He had the 1860 sitting there and gave me if for a price I couldn't refuse.