primer 1st coat `

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rusmir said:
what should i do spray it or roll it 1st coat of primer ..
If it's an aluminum boat....and down to bare metal. You need to use an etching primer.....not just regular primer. I'm sure they make it in a rollable form but I've only been able to find it in spray cans. Walmart carries it in the automotive section. As far as painting goes, I sprayed my first boat with spray cans and rolled my second boat with a foam roller. I actually liked the roller job better. Not nearly as messy.

i think i should spray it i have a nice sprayer.. hvlc i paid 1500 for it. am a painter so ..

Attachments

• GetAttachment516.jpg
    GetAttachment516.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 517
If you have that kind of sprayer and a booth to spray it in, I'd spray the whole thing. It's a lot less work and should look nicer as a whole. Most guys don't have all the gear needed or a good place to do it.....That was the only reason I'd recommend rolling it.....Although I was actually surprised how good rolling turned out.

did u figure out ur bottom issue welding it.. did u call that guy i gave the number. i have 3 guys comm eout thursday and one on sunday to take a look on the welding