Non skid sheets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switchback

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get sheets of non skid tape? I am wanting to replace the peeled off sheets on the front of my boat.

I have seen some sheets at Lowe's, but I don't think they're wide enough for what I need and don't want to piece it together. I was wondering if maybe they would sell it thru the boat dealers.

I saw this thread subject and thought that you were having problems staying in the bed. :lol:

(of course, I just rolled out of mine about 20 minutes ago so that's probably why it struck me as being so funny)

have you considered hydro turf? probably not what you are looking for but you can get it big enough to cover everything and it is cheaper.

https://hydroturf.com/products.php?cat=Closeouts%20and%20Specials&man=Sheets%20of%20Hydro-Turf

switchback said:
I have seen some sheets at Lowe's, but I don't think they're wide enough for what I need and don't want to piece it together. I was wondering if maybe they would sell it thru the boat dealers.

The one's carried at our Lowe's aren't wide enough and are for stair treads. I looked at them and didn't want to piece them together either. The bow of my boat is still "slippable" for the moment.

https://www.modernskate.com/modernskate/search.asp?search_submitted=yes&q_list=&q_count=0&move=none&search_freetext=grip+tape&x=0&y=0

there is a bunch of colors, I even see some camo patterns..

Guess I should have explained. I have carpet in the boat. Its a mod v hull and they had the tape on the raised front where the trolling motor is. One side has peeled off and it looks bad. Just want to keep it looking like it should. The widest point is 13 inches. May call seaarc and see if they can get it.

Thanks for the links. Might look at the stuff at Cabelas.

That what i was presuming was the raised edge like a tracker or something, Do you have to cover the entire surface, 9" on 13" seems ideal..

Quackrstackr said:
I saw this thread subject and thought that you were having problems staying in the bed. :lol:

(of course, I just rolled out of mine about 20 minutes ago so that's probably why it struck me as being so funny)

I was thinking of skid proof underwear - now that woudl be an invention!

Bugpac said:
switchback said:
It would be smaller but I could make it work I guess.

Are you wanting to cover the entire section? You could cut a cool design out as well, Kind of like foot prints in the bath tub :)

:idea: Between your post above and Quackr's, an idea came to me: Buy some of the narrow non-skid strips, trace an outline on it for both feet, cut 'em out, peel off the backing, and then stick one on the bottom of each shoe. No more slipping! Should last quite awhile if only used while boating/fishing. :)

Caution: Do not forget your're wearing your spiffy new non-skid shoes and get home and walk across the wife's floors with them :shock:

Latest posts