Dangerous conversion? :shock

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FutureKVD

Reaction score
Hello all,
So after reviewing these threads for weeks I wanna go for it. I have a 87 Starcraft 1032 I've had since I was fourteen. Now I have a few simple ideas but first my question is. Is it a bad idea mod a 10 footer? I haven't seen anything under 12-14 feet done here.

I Have A 10 Footer, And Don't Allow Anyone In It. I Have Carried Camping Gear For The Weekend In It Behind Another Boat, Kinda Like A Trailer For The Lake. Saves Extra Trips Back To The Dock, But Too "Tippy" For Even My Dog, I Think.

Keep It For Old Time's Sake, But Find Something Bigger To Invest The Mod Money & Effort Into.

Ahh that's a bummer all I have lying around mow is a fourteen foot fiberglass runabout. To bad there isn't a site like this deticated to those conversions. Ahh well this site is amazing though!

I think the Tin in www.tinboats.net is really to make the name sound more appealing, I sure would have interest in your conversion, fiberglass or not... Same principals.. :mrgreen:

Well, if there are no objections I'd love to post my conversion. I'm planning on doing it over the summer. All the concepts I've learned from here the past few weeks will be employed. I will be picking it up out of storage in the next few weeks. I'll try and post before pictures with my "ideas" this weekend. Well thanks all! Post real soon!

I agree with the not touching the ten footer. I would also love to see what you do to your glass boat. Believe it or not there is at least one other glass mod on the site somewhere. :D

Well I'll have to do some more searching them take a peel and get ideas. I hopeing to get it out of storage tommorow and snap some before pics. I know that a few of the things I'll be doing is sturdy decking, seating,and livewells. But even after that it's on a breakframe trailer that needs TLC. Seems projects will never end.