Decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangelcc

Reaction score
Was wondering which way is better to deck. In between both seats or ontop of both seats with the decking? I am using aluminum bracing (angle) for the brackets and supports.

Attachments

• pics 607.JPG
    pics 607.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 459
are you decking with Aluminum?

If it's wood, I'd go on top of the benches. Less seams, and the benches will support the load in addition to whatever framing you do.

Do you think that 3/4 plyboard is to much or should I go smaller on the thickness of wood? I decided to go on top of both benches with the deck. I also plan on putting two batteries under the deck and maybe a storage compartment. The livewell will probably be a removable cooler type. A low floor between the second and first bench. This I will probably use 1/2 plyboard. The very back will be covered from the bench to the rear. Under the hatch will be the fuel tank and a bilge pump. Any input on these ideas??? I dont want to weigh the boat down to much. I have a 9.9 and a 25 hp 2 stroke suzuki powering the boat.

Yes I would put a vent hole maybe a small blower motor. Do you think I should just leave it open?????

Not sure how far your outboard will go in towards the deck when tilted up, and not hit the deck if it were decked all the way back, so I would leave maybe a 6" - 8" gap between the transom and the deck edge. If you leave a gap back there shouldn't be a need for a blower, but other s may have different/better ideas concerning it.

mangelcc said:
Yes I would put a vent hole maybe a small blower motor. Do you think I should just leave it open?????
A small vent hole isn't going to do much, and a blower motor is a real PITA, and just asking for trouble (one more moving part to drain a battery/malfunction).

Instead, run your vent away from the tank. If you unscrew the vent knob all the way off the top of the portable tank, you will find that the threads are normal pipe thread, usually 1/4 inch. Nylon fittings and clear plastic hose will solve your issue. Just get a 1/4 NPT to 1/4 barb nylon fitting, then run the hose on out to a safe spot. A quick disconnect somewhere in the middle makes it easy to remove the tank for filling.

Latest posts