i need a wiring diagram

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusmir

Reaction score
i have a fish finder, minikota 55lb and bilge pump .. can sombady draw it out for me.
and post a pic..
i might buy another battery i alredy have one // so one digram with one battery and another with 2 batterys ..

Here are some ideas I worked up.

I got switches for sale! they are 30 each in the west marine catalog!

Attachments

• wiring diagram2.JPG
    wiring diagram2.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,783
  • wiring diagram3.JPG
    wiring diagram3.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,783
  • wiring diagram4.JPG
    wiring diagram4.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,783
Basically all you need to do for switches is put them on a the 12V pos wire for a SPST switch. The 12V neg will just run straight to the battery. Just put the switch inline between the battery and whatever you want to turn off.

good job nbaffaro!!

yep, he pretty much summed it all up... just cut your positive wire where you want to put a switch. I personally wouldn't put a switch on the trolling motor because it will lose a little juice and you need all you can get out of it at the end of the day.

I. Kinda get it but i want off the builg pump .. And how could i install. Also one of those chargers or whatever they are called its a square box that slowely recharges the nattery

Well, you going to have to find a place to mount either a switch panel for your switches. It is difficult to draw up a good wiring diagram without knowing where you are planning on putting the switches, battery, and the depth finder.

Your depth finder should turn off and on on it's own. I know mine doesn't have a switch on it.
You can get an automatic bilge that you wouldn't have to put a switch on that either. But you could if you wanted to.

As for the charger that is a seperate wiring. It will come pre-supplied with all of the terminals that you will need to connect it to the battery(ies) that you have.

That is just about mounting it and running the wires.

Ol when i get home i will draw. Out where i will have my stuff. And then u could help out tx again

this is how i want to set up my wiring

ff- fishfinder
bg-bilgy pump
s- switches
bb-2 batterys
f- fuel

Attachments

• GetAttachmentgdfggd.jpg
    GetAttachmentgdfggd.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,425
  • GetAttachmentgdfggd.jpg
    GetAttachmentgdfggd.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,425
Brown wire goes to Bilge from the switch
Pink wire goes to Fish Finder from the battery
Red wire goes from Battery to the Switch
Red/Yellow wire goes to trolling motor from the battery

Small Black wires go to grounds for Bilge and Fish Finder
Large Black wire is ground for Trolling motor

For the switch. Use a simple SPST swtich. Diagram shows three areas for switches but only one is used. I can post up something for that if you need it.

The basic shape here is your boat. You will need to route the wires the best way you can. These colors are just for illustration purposes. As long as you use black for ground you will be fine.

The small wires can be 16ga
The trolling motor cable should be around 8 but bigger is better 6 even 4

The jumper from the two batteries should be automotive battery cables around 1/0

Attachments

• wiring diagram5.JPG
    wiring diagram5.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,420
rusmir said:
Thats a. Grat digram tx !!! Again i will let u know if anything else

I am glad i found this thread. Basically everything I need. So if I install front and rear navigation lights those can be run to the switches as well correct?

Thanks,

Jason

You would want to go with a double pole double throw Switch DPDT. This will allow you to turn both the front and rear light on or just the rear anchor light on.

These are a bit more complicated to wire up. However, if you don't want the ability to just turn on the anchor light by its self then you'll can go with a simplier set up.

I'll work on it.

Nick

Troutman3000 said:
rusmir said:

I am glad i found this thread. Basically everything I need. So if I install front and rear navigation lights those can be run to the switches as well correct?

Thanks,

Jason

my lights are the one thing I don't have on switches. I have the plug bases wired directly to the battery. If i want the light to be on, I put the light in the socket... if I want the light off, I pull it out -- does that make sense? Save yourself a dollar and put in removable lights, you'll be glad you did in the long run. One less switch to go bad

russ010 said:
Troutman3000 said:
rusmir said:

Thanks,

Jason

my lights are the one thing I don't have on switches. I have the plug bases wired directly to the battery. If i want the light to be on, I put the light in the socket... if I want the light off, I pull it out -- does that make sense? Save yourself a dollar and put in removable lights, you'll be glad you did in the long run. One less switch to go bad

Less parts to go bad i guess.

What do you mean when you say plug bases. Do you have a connection between the battery and the light? Got any pictures. Also please excuse all the questions but I have little to no exp with electrical stuff and so forth. I really do appreciate the help. I am honestly thinking of just buying a couple of toggle switches from home deopt for stuff that has to have a switch and hard wiring everything else directly to the battery, (or busbar), and putting in inline fuses.

edit: so after reading that post again you just let the power flow freely to the lights and keep the light out of the socket? Is that dangerous?

Latest posts