18ft smokercraft new project soon start

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusmir

Reaction score
i need some ideas .. im clue less. its a big aluminum boat ..

it has right now wood flooring. would like to rip everything out and im debeting should i leave the stearing consel in the middel or not.
\\

just picked it up with and galvenized trailer 600 bucks ..

Attachments

• DSC04168.JPG
    DSC04168.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DSC04167.JPG
    DSC04167.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DSC04165.JPG
    DSC04165.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DSC04166.JPG
    DSC04166.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DSC04170.JPG
    DSC04170.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • DSC04171.JPG
    DSC04171.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • DSC04172.JPG
    DSC04172.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 1,033
  • DSC04173.JPG
    DSC04173.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 1,033
  • DSC04174.JPG
    DSC04174.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,033
  • DSC04175.JPG
    DSC04175.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,033
One can never have to many projects.

That trailer looks good for about a 16' boat. There shouldn't be any boat hanging off the back of the trailer. I would also ditch those rollers and put on some 8-10 ft bunks to better support that boat. But I don't know if your going to have enough tounge on that trailer to make that happen.

Good looking boat!!

Ur right about that . I think that boat was for a 14-16 ft boat ,. Im just worried about the inside first i will her up with water today to cee if there are leaks;)

I like center consoles personally. I would replace it and move it rearward. Once you get all the old wood out you should have a better idea of what you need to do/fix. Then get rolling wit your mods. Good luck.

Ok everything is out of wood ,,, i will pull all the wood out and will replace it with aluminum sheeting . Cause its very heavy now!!! When i fix her how much could i sell it for with an motor,

That's a big question. Around here, central TX, probably $1200-1600 depending on the motor. If your mod's turn out well and the motor is good upwards of a couple of grand or more. To many variable at this point to be accurate.

An 18 foot skiff laid out in fishing design with a center console? Yea, about $2500-3000 easy. A friend just sold his freshly restored Larkin fishing skiff for $2800, it was 16 feet; it was a beauty too.

This is a 1980 alaskan smokercraft

im going fishing tomorow will cee how she is doing ob the water

my 8hp pushing my big 18 ft alaskan smoker craft/ not bad but i wish i had a 15hp or 25ho would be nice

https://www.youtube.com/user/ruskobunny#p/a/u/0/zPQoo9GnNic

rusmir said:
my 8hp pushing my big 18 ft alaskan smoker craft/ not bad but i wish i had a 15hp or 25ho would be nice

https://www.youtube.com/user/ruskobunny#p/a/u/0/zPQoo9GnNic

That little motor got gutts! It was pushing 3 adults and a big ole tinnie. I was surprised.

yeah i was suprized to but it did its job.. my dad cought the limit i didnt .but next time i will 4 sure

Attachments

• m,m,m.jpg
    m,m,m.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 784
the relly emberesing and funny things was. i fargott to screw some old holes in where the sonar was on the back and . so we went in water and took of . one minut later u cee comming back and
acking up my trailer in water and putting the boat back on there luckily i had few screws handy and pluged those holes in . and was redy to go fishing.

Yea, we all been there. I forgot to check the plug once. I backed my trailer and boat in the water, but fortunately I couldn't get the motor started, so I didn't take off the trailer. When I got home I realized the plug was just sitting in place, but not tight. It would have definitely fallen out while under way.

Mann, I can't get over how large that 18' is. That's a nice size boat and looks like it rides in the water well. That's a cadillac of tinnies!
Looking forward to seeing your mod.

I can belive it myself how it handels the water all 3 of us were standing and moving in it . And it wasent wabeling or uncofartable beeing in it ! I love it i just need a bigger motor now ' ill keep the 8 hp for my 14 jon'

few more . painted now interior is cuming along good

Attachments

• GetAttachment1.jpg
    GetAttachment1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 262
  • GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 262
  • GetAttachment3.jpg
    GetAttachment3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 262
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 262
Looking good. If I ever paint my boat it will have to stay on the
trailer too.
I have the roller style trailer too. When you retrieve, do you wench it on?

Yes i do because its a big boat !! I thing personaly the rollers are notbad at all but whatever works better :---)

Latest posts