Decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most secure to the ribs. If done correctly with a few well placed bolts you could still remove them. Thats what I am going to do. They need be secured somehow.

The floor in my 1236 was just set in place. I cut it tight so that I wouldn't have to drill. Actually, the front deck was just sitting in place as well. The only thing I did there was put a runner along the front of the middle bench to keep it in place.

I think it depends on how the deck is built. If you have storage compartments you'll probably want to secure the deck. If not you could probably get by with just setting it in place. On my current build, I predrilled holes in my aluminum bracing and then screwed the front deck to the bracing from underneath from the hatches doors. If if I didnt screw it down I would have had major issues with the stability of my bow seat. On my first build I screwed it from above with small screws and the heads are barely visible.

Latest posts