1st boat..whats next?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerfan

Reaction score
I bought my first boat its a 1984 1648 monark with a 1981 merc 18 H.P. with a hummingbird wide view fishfinder. So I want to modify it and make it a cattin boat. Im going to replace the old school green carpet floors and repaint it, add some monster rod holders. I would like to add a live well, WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO....ANY IDEAS?

Attachments

• aaaa boat 002.jpg
    aaaa boat 002.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 466
  • aaaa boat 003-1.jpg
    aaaa boat 003-1.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 466
  • aaaa boat 010.jpg
    aaaa boat 010.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 466
  • aaaa boat 013.jpg
    aaaa boat 013.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 466
I'm not much of a cat fisher, but a lot of the guys around here are and they have wired their boats for the strip lights that run around just below the rail of the boat. Nice boat by the way, wish I had a budget for one that size.

That's a very nice boat you scored... That motor looks in beautiful condition... You are in the right place if you wanna clean it up... although it "IS" very useable from the looks of it already....
Welcome aboard...
:D

jeremyt said:
I'm not much of a cat fisher, but a lot of the guys around here are and they have wired their boats for the strip lights that run around just below the rail of the boat. Nice boat by the way, wish I had a budget for one that size.

Yeah the lights would be a good idea. I was looking at boats for months before I found this one for $900. Most of the boats i found in that price range were smaller and had smaller motors.

eezerz said:
That's a very nice boat you scored... That motor looks in beautiful condition... You are in the right place if you wanna clean it up... although it "IS" very useable from the looks of it already....
Welcome aboard...
:D
The guy I bought it from just had the motor gone through and spent $600 on new parts.

What about a bimini top for a boat like this? It would keep the sun off but might effect casting and get in the way. Does anyone have one on a boat like this. Pros and cons? Is it worth having?

Don't have one, but thinking about buying one. I just need something to keep the sun out of the cockpit area when I take my dog with me. If you have it far enough back from where youre casting, it shouldnt be a problem, depending on how you cast.

Latest posts