has anyone used osb for a deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass

Reaction score
i know i already kinda asked this but i thought i would ask it one more time. i have 3/4 osb and was wondering if anyone hased used this for a deck and how did it hold up?

I haven't used it myself, I haven't even put my deck i yet, but I used to work in a mill that covered plywood with veneer. We covered 3/4" OSB every so often and IMO that stuff is junk. It gets wet it crumbles, drop it or drop something on it it breaks, and it's just plain out heavy. I could lift a 4'x8' 3/4" sheet of regular plywood over my head pretty easy, but the same piece in OSB wasn't happening. If you seal it real good it might last but I would use plywood just for the weight, and if you got to buy it anyways go ahead and step down to 1/2" the weight diffrence is significant.

I would stay away from using the OSB for decking a boat. It will not stand up over time. Just use a good plywood and treat it for weather resistance.

Latest posts