drain plug

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymanme2

Reaction score
Just a heads up to the rest of you.I was out fishing this morning in lake Michigan & I had more than usual water in my boat.Well when I got home & started to check things out I found out that my drain plug was shot.The thin washer that has the threads in it was striped & the only reason that it didn't fall off was because of the flated end of the threaded part.I always carey an extra one on board so it wouldn't have been a big deal depending how long before I noticed excess water in the boat.
Check your drain plug. [-o<

good idea.. I carry 2-3 with me at all times... I have this real bad habit of never putting them in and then I don't realize it until I've put the boat in the water and parked the truck... it takes FOREVER - but thank the good Lord for Bilge pumps!

Last fall, I went to the trouble to fill my boat with water up on horses to find where it was leaking at, only to see it was comming in around the drain plug. I'll prob. go through 2-3 plugs a year because they get dinged up taking them in and out all the time. :x

I bought a new one last year. The old one which still works is from 1971 and is chained to the knee brace incase it's needed.