Poll: What's easier IYO to modify a Jon boat or a Deep V?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodStone

Reaction score
Just curious to see how many varying opinions I get here.
Even though I've never really modified a Jon Boat to the extent many have here, I think it's easier than doing Deep V's.
Opinions?

Btw, I am thinking of changing my user name to "Mr. Procrastination" :oops: considering how long it's taking me to finish up my boat project (a 1963 14.5' aluminum runabout conversion). Also on making a decision on whether or not to purchase yet another boat (not really a project boat just needs a motor & trailer).

Ok, I'll ring in here first. I think that deep V's do offer a little more of a challenge when decking them out cause of the angle involce in the bracing. That being said I guess it really boils down to what condition either boat is in and what tpe of mod's you want.

I have a V, and personally think there is challenge with the bracing. I ended up using more bracing than I would like. The bow was especially difficult, but some of the designs are easier than others. I think it is all about the original design you have to work with as well as the final design you want.

Nevillizer said:
Ok, I'll ring in here first. I think that deep V's do offer a little more of a challenge when decking them out cause of the angle involce in the bracing. That being said I guess it really boils down to what condition either boat is in and what tpe of mod's you want.

I'm with you... flat bracing across the bottom makes life MUCH easier