aluminum floor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedog59

Reaction score
I'm thinking of flooring my 1442 mod V with aluminum. What gauge would be appropriated for the sides and floor?

whitedog59 said:
I'm thinking of flooring my 1442 mod V with aluminum. What gauge would be appropriated for the sides and floor?

As long as you line the void between your existing floor and the new one with foam, you can get away with .060-.065" If not, I wouldn't go less than .090" or the floor will have spring to it when you are standing on it.

If you aren't adding any supplemental structure, go with .125. I have used .090 as a boat deck, and keep quite a bit of it in my shop for other things I do, but I really have doubts of it not being springy on the length of span between boat ribs. On the boat I used .090 for, the spacing was about half (if not smaller than half), of the space between factory ribs.

102_0662.jpg

This was a 1448 I added quite a bit to. This floor was .090" without foam under it. centers were on 14" and it turned out without spring in the floor. But, that is also with welded seams.

102_0660.jpg

Latest posts