10' bowfishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfisher'

Reaction score
I have a 10' jon boat that Im gonna make into a bowfishing boat. Ill keep yall updated on the work I do. I think Its gonna turn out very good, for the sloughs and tight places to find fish!

I hope you can swim :LOL2:

Well....If it were me standing up in a 10 footer, I would be eventually.

Hope yall stay in shallow water. You're what we call in the Navy a "Hard Charger". Guys that get the job done no matter what. You have my respect.

Thanks yall, I can swim :mrgreen:. I thought of a way to get it more stable. havent done it yet though, Im gonna but bout a 6"diameter pvc on each side. probably 5' of it.

itll look kinda like this O\__/O

Put that thing up on Bam website when you get done... Is joe gonna go fishin with you in that thing :mrgreen:

Ok, I would like some ideas on just how to do my deck and what kinda lights to get. So if you have an idea or would like to say something just shout it out.

Honestly I feel no one wants to add to this because they know a deck on a 10 footer(Especially used for bowhunting) is nothing but a huge disaster waiting to happen.

Do me a favor, Wear a PDF, take the boat to a very shallow lake and lay some wood on the benches. Then stand on a milk carton and rock back and forth. I can guarantee your going to hate it.

The weight capacity for a 10 footer is tiny man. Adding wooden decks and all this equipment....Not worth it, trust me when I say this.

Use the boat as is for fishing, save a few dollars, then sell this 10 footer and get yourself a 1448 or bigger. The time and money your going to spend putting tubes on it to try to make it something else...you will not be happy.

Last thing we want to read about is you at the bottom of the lake with a Bow in your hand and a dead carp on the other end.

I agree with Jim, 10 foot is a dinghy, not suited to stand up. I got a fairly wide 12, I know its not the boat I want, but I own it free and clear, I am going to fix it, some fishing, then sell and get a 14 ot 16 , thats how it works.

yea, yall are right, but i just want to get done with it and go fishing. but, I found a 14' that a guy wants to trade for a smaller boat. so Im gonna call him later and see if he wants to trade for my 10'. :D

I have been thinking about it, It would take to much money to get an trailer. and if I get a Extend-A-Truck, I'd have to take off lights,the troller, batteries, EVERYTHING. Then Load that big thing up in the truck bed. Im just gonna wait to get a bigger boat when I can afford to get me a boat and trailer.

So like i said before Im gonna put some 6" pvc pipe or a little bigger on the side of my boat, test it out, and see how stable it is, if its not stable enough, I'll try 5 gallon buckets on the side. If i still don't like that, I'll go with my oroginal Idea of putting some plastic 35 gallon barrals on the side. and Im gonna probably use a PFD, and I can swim.

im gonna sell my boat. and get a little bit bigger one. mabe 14', but Im not going to use it for bowfishing. cause I have a bowfishing boat, the only reason I wanted to make that 10' into one is because I got some small lakes I cant get my boat into that I wanted to try. but Im just gonna use the boat I buy for catfishing, mabe a little spotlight bowfishing, and jugs,and trotlines.

Latest posts