HAS ANYONE HAD WAREAGLE BOAT WELDS BREAKING?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve

Reaction score
WAREAGLE BOAT WELDS BREAKING?

Attachments

• SteveWE2.jpg
    SteveWE2.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 1,743
  • SteveWE1.jpg
    SteveWE1.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 1,743
Hi Steve,

Seems like it is has happened a few times.

https://www.dancindogproductions.com/showthread.php?t=1156&page=3

https://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/showthread.php?p=605762

But in all fairness allot of people say nothing but great things about the boat. War Eagles website does not mention anything about warranty.

How old and what kind of boat is it?

THREE YEARS OLD. I PULLED UP A FOUR FOOT SECTION AND ALMOST ALL THE STRINGERS WERE DETACHED FROM THE FLOOR. 2 OUT OF THE FOUR WERE BROKE IN HALF.

I have a bunch of pictures. They will not load on this website must be to big. Give me you email and i will send you some pics.

steve said:
I have a bunch of pictures. They will not load on this website must be to big. Give me you email and i will send you some pics.

PM sent with email address. I will edit and post up the pictures for you(First thing in the morning).

I'm not sure what happened to my post from last night. :?:

Yes, I have friends that have had broken welds on their WE boats. WE will gladly reweld it for you if you care to transport your boat to their shop in AR for them to do it. :shock:

That's one of the things that pushed me to Triton.

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/105068-war-eagle-hull-warranty.html

Thats some impressive customer service over there at War Eagle. I read the above link. You'd be hardpressed to find another company like that. =D>

Not really. Most all of the all weld boat manufacturers will work with you if you are willing to drive the boat all the way to the manufacturing plant. It probably doesn't take them 30 minutes to weld up the ribs on a boat. It costs more in travel for most people than just having someone local weld it.

Most all of those guys on crappie.com are not that far from the WE plant as the crow flies and are even closer to one of the biggest WE dealers in the US. I drove down to Union City and looked at what he had in stock before I ordered mine. One of my buddies bought his WE through them. I haven't talked to him about more broken welds surfacing yet. :mrgreen:

What is really surprising is how many people actually have broken welds when they look under their floor. You don't hear of that in that kind of frequency with other manufacturers.

If memory serves, user Cane Pole had to send his brand new WE back to the factory for several problems. I'm not sure what they gave him to console him to make that endorsement in that thread, but he was fairly livid about the whole thing while it was going on.

If you notice, it only seems to be in the 20 an 23 foot boats. May be too much surface and flex for the number of stringers and guage of aluminum being used since it is the same as the smaller boats and you never hear of it in them. Just a thought. :?

A rivet boat has more flex.But that is a long time topic..
Looking at how well steve's boat turns out and WE is a boat i would like to have if i had the $$$.
So as of now i will stay with the rivet boat as it is paid for.

Is it the welds failing, like bad welds, not cleaning the surface properly or is it because not enough structure is causing excessive force on the welds and they are letting go? Does anyone know?

Steve's boat looks like the floor bracing isn't even tied into the sides. There has to be a lot of twisting going on with that being the case that probably ripped his welds loose.

Quackrstackr said:
Steve's boat looks like the floor bracing isn't even tied into the sides. There has to be a lot of twisting going on with that being the case that probably ripped his welds loose.
Thats what it appeared to me also. I have owned a 16 and two 23's with both props and jets.
I personally never had a problem and never even heard of a prob with the smaller ones till the post above.

Latest posts