Free Sears 14vfooter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbw

Reaction score
Nice Co-worker gave this too me. Unsure what I'm going to do with it.

normal_IMG_16691643resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16711641resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16721640resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16731639resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16741638resize.JPG

It probably had 50 gallons of water in it when I picked her up. The decking is rotted.

:shock:

Did some measuring its 14 ft long, 4 ft 2 inches wide at the top.

Spec plate reads 801 pounds capacity and 10 hp motor. Owner also told me tomorrow I get a trolling motor of some sort.

The boat is in good shape the inside looks bad in the photos due to being carpeted then sitting under a tree and collecting water. The carpet is peeling of easy. I think under the front deck is two bowling balls, wtf? I can't get them out until I remove the decking bolted two the metal bench seat. The paint on the exterior looks great!

I've got the bow of the boat about 6 ft in the air and its still leaking water out the drain hole.

This weekend I'll remove the decking and pressure wash the inside and see what I've got.

THe bowling balls where probably to add some weight to compensate when running the outboard. I mounted my battery up front instead of adding bowling balls!

"The little boat drifted gently across the pond, exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't."

Someones siggy on another board I am on. :D

People always bash these Gamefishers, but every time I have seen them, I wonder why. They seem to be solid boats, not any worse than many that I have seen.

That is the kind of boat that they rent at the nicest reservoir here in Mass. They come with 8 and 9 horse motors, and you can rent tham all day long for $34 bucks. I think they are great boats. :D

That's sweet! I need a good boat for cheap project. Post up pics of the progress so I can learn with you!

I got a better theory for the bowling balls.

My guess is this guy was bowling one night, and the whole night, he kept bowling strikes and spares - the whole night. He won the game indefinitely. Well, thinking that they were lucky balls, he stole them from the alley, and decided to put them in his boat, right under the deck that he fishes from, so that maybe some of that luck would transfer to his fishing, and he would be able to win the bass masters classic from a 14 foot gamefisher. But, when that didn't work, he got pissed, and gave you the boat. :lol: :lol:

Gawsh I am bored.

I told y'all I was bored out of my mind.

Our last assignment in English this semester was creative writing. I guess it carried over. :lol:

bassboy1 said:
I got a better theory for the bowling balls.

My guess is this guy was bowling one night, and the whole night, he kept bowling strikes and spares - the whole night. He won the game indefinitely. Well, thinking that they were lucky balls, he stole them from the alley, and decided to put them in his boat, right under the deck that he fishes from, so that maybe some of that luck would transfer to his fishing, and he would be able to win the bass masters classic from a 14 foot gamefisher. But, when that didn't work, he got pissed, and gave you the boat. :lol: :lol:

Gawsh I am bored.

I wait for Bassboy1's comment they are always Top10!

Coworker didn't build decking he said he only used it four times. :lol:

Okay got up early this morning to remove decking/leaves/and trash from the boat..

Those weren't bowling balls but plastic balls full of water and sand wtf? I didnt get a photo as when I removed them they fell apart into next to nothing.

Looks like at one time someone carpeted the entire bottom of the boat, any thought as to how to remove all the glue?

The decking pieces were rotted and water logged weighing about 75 pounds each!

Its a nice boat, not holes or dents really in the hull. Its light weight, does need the wood rear trans replaced. The model is 14v7.

normal_IMG_16881658resize.JPG

I've got the boat under the deck on the rear of my house. I'm sure the home owners association is going to love this! (yes I know the boat is off the trailer, its to help it drain out water)

normal_IMG_16861656resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16851655resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16811648resize.JPG

Nice wiring job someone used small interior extension cord! can people in Kentucky not wire something correct?

normal_IMG_16781645resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16771646resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16761647resize.JPG

normal_IMG_16891659resize.JPG

Do not worry about removing the old glue until you figure out what you are going to do - if you are putting in a deck, then you will never see the glue - if not, sand it right before you apply new glue so you have a nice clean surface.

Darn I was hoping they were bowling balls I was gonna claim them.
they make great structure . My 1 farm pond has around 75 sitting on the bottom. The local alley is still looking for them. I go in with an empty bag and leave with 3 new additions to my rock pile

Name with held to protect the innocent :lol:

Latest posts