please help!! want to mount seat to front bench

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhargrove88

Reaction score
okay, so here is my problem. I installed a seat mount with swivel to my back bench on my 2009 g3 1448 with no problem. Now when it comes to the front bench, there is a problem. In the center of the front bench, there is a gravity fed livewell. Now, how am I supossed to install a permanent seat on there? Has anyone else had this problem? please help!!!! thanks in advance!

mhargrove88 said:
Now, how am I supossed to install a permanent seat on there?

You're not. :lol:

If the lid is strong enough to support a seat, but bolt it through the lid, and fasten through the bottom. If not, you're out of luck unless you don't plan to use the livewell anymore

If the lid of the livewell will support you, I would say go for it. If there is room for another pedestal base on either side, you could also install a second base so you can move the seat (just in case you still want to use the livewell).

Well as in the above post, I'm to the point where I wanted to just remove the livewell all together. I'm going to look for a bent seat post first. There is a rib about 2 inches from the front of the bench, and another about a foot and a half or so in front of that one. How would I mount it? would I have to lay down some metal to make a floor to mount the seat post in? I'm not really sure. I'm going to look around a bit more. Any suggestions will help. I'll take a pic today if I remember.