Newbie with questions and pics:)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks I have been lurking and admiring all of your work and advice for sometime. I have been working on my jon for almost a year now on and off of course. I have run across a challenge and was wanting some of your input since you guy's do such great work. I just ordered a new minn kota edge bow mount trolling motor for my boat. My challenge is my deck is about three inches lower than the edge of my boat. I have searched for someone who manufacturers raised mounting plates or brackets to fix this problem. Anyway's if any of you guy's have any sudgestions it would be greatly apprecaited. I am trying to find someone to make a bracket for now but thought you may have a better idea. Under the front deck is a metal deck which is about half the size of the wood one which it lies on.

Thanks,
WVO

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

Hey, ive been trying to find the exact same thing! I have heard that Lowe makes something like what you are looking for. If not, you can ask a local machine shop to make it for you. I think I am going to go the carpet 2x4 or 2x6 wood way.
The place that is suppose to have the mount you are looking for is AK MCCALLUM CO, 910-483-6804.

Welcome aboard fellow West Virginia, Could you use a 2X6 and maybe a 1X6 put together to get the raise you need?

What parts of the state are you in>?

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

I know the jet doctor makes one out of aluminum: https://www.jetdoctor.net/products/detail.php?productID=29

The price is not bad and you have a choice of diamond plate or regular.

Maybe find a local guy that works with aluminum to make you one......

Thanks guy's for the ideas and info, I appreciate it. I was talking to a guy today and he recommended the 2x6 idea. I was thinking to much into and couldn't see the forest for the trees:) That should work fine and cover it with carpet.

Thanks again,
WVO

Latest posts