Getting wet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve76

Reaction score
I have a 1981 16ft lowe with a 50hp merc and it doesnt have tilt or trim. When I'm running down the lake I get so much water spraying me that I have a hard time seeing. I'm wondering if I lock my motor in a higher position, if that will get more of the boat out of the water and keep me a little dryer. Thanks

Haveing your motor trimmed in a higher position will raise your bow in the water and you wont get as much spray. But it will be much harder to get on plane and you will get a considerable amount of bow rise when taking off with your motor trimmed up. I dont know if this is a possibility for you but you can find tilt and trim units for under 200 dollars on ebay. This would be the best way to fix your problem IMO.

If you are spraying so much water that you can not see, you have way too much negative trim going on and are plowing the nose. Raise your pin a hole or two and see how much difference it makes.

I'll try moving the pin up a couple holes. I can't afford a trim unit right now. thanks for the help.

Latest posts