17' 1989 Bass Tracker questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
I found what I beleive to be a smoking hot deal..... although I'm no expert. It is a 1989 17' Bass Tracker w/ a 40hp outboard that runs good. Needs new floors and carpet, and also the steering cable is froze up. Any insight if this is a fair deal being priced at $1300.00 would be appreiciated. :?:

Attachments

• 1300.JPG
    1300.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 969
Seems like a fair deal. After what you spend to fix the few issues you will still have less in te boat than what it is worth.

I agree with Nevillizer. Good deal, just check it out real good and make sure theres nothing else wrong with it. If its listed at 1300, Id offer a 1000. Get an outrageous quote from bass tracker to fix the damages, and use that as leverage on the offer. Then do the work yourself. Little white lie dont hurt nothin now and then :---)

I think thats a great deal, even if you can't talk him down much. I'd just tell him there is a lot of work before it is even fishable, or else you'd give him full asking price. That has worked for me 2/2 times and saved me 650 bucks thus far 8)

Title,registration??
Maybe thats not a worry for you.
Sounds like a good deal,if those are had.

:evil: Called the guy, and wouldn't you know it, he says it sold in 1 day. Apparently I should of left work early and drove across the state for it. I sure wish I could of picked it up!!! I can only hope to find another one that is within my budget like this. Thanks all for the opinions though.

Can't tell you how many times that happened to me last summer.. I should be riding in an 1860 with a 75 HP right now :evil: :evil:

Don't worry, it'll all working out in the long run

Well, My buddy did warranty work for tracker for 2 years. I was looking at an older model like this one. He told me that on the older model riveted tracker setups like this one you have to look at the bottom of the boat right below the console on both sides of boat by edge. They always cracked around a few rivets on both sides. Just some helpful info incase someone else is looking.