Duck boat paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishfan

Reaction score
Just put the 1st coat on my boat and trailer. That stuff from parker is really nice. Just wondering how long I should wait between coats. Is 24hrs enough?

PLEASE post pics! This is the exact paint I'm going to use!!!!!! How did you apply urs? I'm going to have mine put on with a HPLV sprayer. I'm going to put like 3 or 4 coats of the "Bay Grey". Did u thin urs or anything? I have sanded my whole boat and am going to clean it and wipe it down with tack cloths. Man finally someone I can get some input on the exact paint I'm going to use. I'm gonna order it directly from company as it is cheaper there.

i didnt use the same paint but i used the hvlp sprayer . i waited between coats at least an hr. it did the job for me it was hot that day so it dryied so fast i couldnt belive it. anyways . i put 2 boats and it was enought plus some stencil designs on it . it turned out pretty good not bad i mean . do what u guys think is best ;)

dixie_boysles said:
PLEASE post pics! This is the exact paint I'm going to use!!!!!! How did you apply urs? I'm going to have mine put on with a HPLV sprayer. I'm going to put like 3 or 4 coats of the "Bay Grey". Did u thin urs or anything? I have sanded my whole boat and am going to clean it and wipe it down with tack cloths. Man finally someone I can get some input on the exact paint I'm going to use. I'm gonna order it directly from company as it is cheaper there.
No pics yet, everything is still upside down. Pobably gonna do two coats on the boat and three on the trailer. I just used an ultra smooth 4" foam roller to cover the big areas and a brush to get where the roller couldn't. Looks pretty good if you ask me. I did not thin mine at all. It is thin enough straight out of the can for a roller. If says you can thin the first coat 15%. Not sure if that makes any sense to you. I am happy with the results so far. Gonna bake it in the sun for a couple days and put it all back together. Probably use the whole gallon on a 14' boat and trailer.

Good deal!!! Post up the pics when ur done. What color did u go with? I plan on buying. A galon and putting 3 or 4 coats on the boat. I'm just gonna spray paint my trailer black. I want a black and grey theme for it. I'm going to use their bay grey and then paint the gunwhaler(whatever the top support around boat is called) flat black. I have black details on for it as well.

I used marsh grass. The roller really works well. I put a longer tongue on my trailer so it was nice clean steel. You can't even tell I used the foam roller.

Latest posts