Trolling motors question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to tie more than one trolling motor in a series where they can becontrolled by one control head?

Here is my idea: I have two trollng motors that I have come accross. Both older Min Kota transom mounts with equal thrust. I'm not worried about the steering as much as I am the abilty to controll the speed / forward & reverse from 1 control head. Does that make sense?

It may be easier to build a control box with a multi-position radial switch and mount it somewhere and get rid of the shaft mounted heads altogether. Then you could slave the shafts together with a couple of simple brackets and a connecting rod and have steering as well. The problem may be in finding a radial switch with that many positions, all the forward speeds and the reverse speeds. Too many would be okay, but too few will leave you with out some speeds; no big deal really except the speed you don't have is the one you need on the water!

Latest posts