Brand Names

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTSam

Reaction score
I would like to get a new boat but really don't know anything about the different companies that make aluminum boats. I have a 1548 86 Starcraft that I got from a buddy. I didn't do any home work on the boat, I just took it. What are the better brands out there or are they all the same? I read a post about welds breaking on a certain brand, I don't want that to happen. Which companies offer a quality product?

Thanks

Alumacraft, Lowe, Xpress... all are good names (and sorry if I left anybodys boat out)...

the only boats I would steer clear of are the BPS Tracker JON boats. Heard a lot of guys don't care much for them after they get them home and fish in them.

If you are asking if your starcraft is a good brand, I would say yes. There are a lot of them here in the eastern part of PA and in NJ. They seem to hold up well. If I were you, I would get yours out on the water and enjoy it. That is, if I read your post right.

^^^the PolarKrafts seem to be GREAT boats. real thick gauge aluminum. Mine is anyways

I very much enjoy my Starcraft but would like to move into something a bit larger, with a semi-v and handle more horse power. My Starcraft has a square front and max is 25hp. Just looking to upgrade a bit. Yeah, about the boats that have the thicker aluminum. I fish in the Tampa Bay area and focus on oyster bed creeks and such. The thicker gauge would be nice.

Latest posts