1436 removing the middle seat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveg

Reaction score
The seat holds the sides from flexing.not a good idea to do that.
maybe cutting a section from the middle would be a better idea,that way you can wal thru without stepping over a seat and still maintain some stability to the sides.

If the ribs do not go up the sides of the hull than the seat is definitely the framing for the hull and I would not remove it completely without adding some additional support back. You can add add braces or brackets to get the support back but it will not be as good as the full span seat framing. Cutting the center out and leaving a little of the bottom, like three inches, would work. See how Buford did his 12 footer, it turned out real nice.

So which boat are you modding, the Lowe or the Alumacraft? If the ribs go all the way up, or close to it, and you plan on leaving a frame in then I think you will be fine. Do they offer this model with no center seat and no other changes? If so I think taking yours out will be fine, or cutting it like you said will be even better.

What boat? as you have always a new one depending on what post you look at.. :---) :---)
As this one is now dead and a new will pop up. :postpics:

“Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks”
-Warren Buffett

Latest posts