too much weight forward?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyBob365

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4834248&id=600411788
so with the purchase of my Tanaka 300, i have made a mount for my trolling motor at the front. this is my new (temporary) rig of my bow

-trolling motor
-battery
-livewell
-and my fishing companion who sits where that white thing is on the bottom of the picture.

as we were cruising a long a very windy and very active lake (lots of waves!) we made many splashes at the bow, when all of a sudden i noticed the front going under! i screamed to my friend to get back here... and we let the boat even out....

luckily for me there was no live bait so my bildge pump was used as soon as the boat settled.
https://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/mikeybob365/CIMG0056.jpg

i have a 1432 and would like to make drastic changes so my boat can be evened out! and to take care of storage problems (as you can see on the bottom picture most of everything is just floating around... no pun intended).

https://www.academy.com/images/products/400/0141/0141-00124-1232-P2.jpg
i would like to cut into the seats to put batteries, tackle boxes, etc...
I would like to keep the deck though because i would like to start bowfishing

with such a narrow boat, i need help taking advantage of storage as much as possible... i would appreciate any ideas!

If it were me, I would look for a bigger boat. Bow hunting from that might be a bit more than uncomfortable.

bAcKpAiN said:
If it were me, I would look for a bigger boat. Bow hunting from that might be a bit more than uncomfortable.
yeah, but being seventeen, with little income, buying a boat isn't that easy! and a bigger boat would probably make my tanaka 300 even more useless!

I've bowhunted from the front a canoe before, only went in once. I guess it's what you make of it.

Couldn't load the facebook pic, so I'm talking blind here...Balancing the boat, moving the battery/livewell near the middle should do the trick for you. I had a 1432 and as long as you didn't put all the weight on one end or side, it was ok.

For the livewell, each gallon of water weighs about 9lbs, so a 20 gallon livewell/cooler is like another person in the boat.

Will

wasilvers said:
I've bowhunted from the front a canoe before, only went in once. I guess it's what you make of it.

Couldn't load the facebook pic, so I'm talking blind here...Balancing the boat, moving the battery/livewell near the middle should do the trick for you. I had a 1432 and as long as you didn't put all the weight on one end or side, it was ok.

For the livewell, each gallon of water weighs about 9lbs, so a 20 gallon livewell/cooler is like another person in the boat.

Will
thanks a lot Will!

anyone got a link for making benches into storage?

You may also look into kayak out riggers. They sell them for about $229 at Cabela's. This will add flotation and keep it from being so tipsy. I had a pair for my 1432 and they worked like a champ. See picture.

Attachments

• s7_020568_imageset_03.jpg
    s7_020568_imageset_03.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 507
For portable dry storage (you can mount semi permanent with 4 stainless screws) check out the SUV Tuf Box at Lowe. Strong plastic box about 3 feet long 15 inches tall and 12 inches wide. I just put three in my 1648.

Latest posts